Substance abuse is a disease that has a known progression and outcome. An evaluation is made with the client to examine whether Harm Reduction or Abstinence is needed. Sometimes the client is not ready for abstinence but if attempts at reduction are unsuccessful then we proceed to abstinence. In a 12-step friendly atmosphere we discuss the issues that triggered the abuse as well as the numerous problems that come along with it. When warranted and allowed family members may be brought in.
Help Includes but is Not Limited to:
- Relapse Prevention
- Teaching the Warning Signs of Addiction and Abuse
- Developing Coping Strategies
- Dealing with Depression and Anxiety
- Differentiating between Dependence and Abuse
- Referrals to Detox, Doctors, and More When Necessary